Most Postgraduate colleges in India are situated in far off towns, or if they are close to a town, then auto rates are astronomical. All this leads to one thing: extremely hungry and starved for decent food MICAns.
Pooja and I, thought of baking and selling cupcakes and cakes on campus. We sourced ingredients locally, bought chocolates from Bombay and brought all our baking goods from home.
We call ourselves "P.S Cupcakes". From freshers' party gifts to birthday cakes and cakes just for the heck of it, we have covered it all, in a month.
We baked these boob shaped cakes for a friend's birthday.
This is the chocolate mud cake covered with ganache for another friend's birthday.
The brownie batter, before it went into the oven.
I leave you with my (our) new favourite recpe for chocolate cake, it is dense moist and a crowd pleaser.
Mississippi Mud Cake
- 125 gm dark cooking chocolate
- 100 gm butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine chocolate, butter, water and bourbon
- Heat over boiling water, until the mixture is smooth
- Allow to cool slightly, and add the flour and cocoa mixture
- Mix in the eggs
- Pour into a greased cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Use a chocolate ganache on top.
Prep Time: 00:15
Cook time: 00:40
Tags: chocolate, mud cake, egg