Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feta Love, Cupcakes and Hairbands!

Who has a new obsession?

Me! Yes. Me! (JD reference).

Obsession #1: Feta
Have you ever eaten something that just exploded in your mouth, smooth and flavourful?
It happened with me and Feta at the Kala Ghoda Café. I ordered a salad with feta in it. And since then greek salad is the only kind I have ordered. I have even saved it up after finishing the salad to add to my pizzas.

So when J and I went to Yellow Tree Café, which is the sunshine-iest of places I have been to, I had to order it. And it didn't disappoint me. Though I would have liked my salad with cherry tomatoes and not big chunks of tomatoes.
The cafe has big windows and happy yellow walls with happy coloured stuff on it
The lovely salad with the out of place large tomatoes
We also ordered sun-dried tomato pesto chicken sandwich and cilantro chicken sandwiches that came with curly fries. The sandwiches come with a garlicky tomato sauce and mustard sauce. Both these sauces complimented the sandwiches really well. Just added that extra bit of zing.
The sundried tomato pesto chicken
The curly fries look more dominating than the cilantro chicken sandwich, no?
The yum sauces


We then went to find Lulu's cupcakes. If you subscribe to BPB (if you don't you should) then you would know who she is. She turned out to be close by at an exhibition and we got to have her chocolate cupcake and red velvet cupcake. The chocolate was soft and the frosting smooth and rich. The red velvet has an amazing cream cheese frosting.
Lulu's cupcakes


Obsession #2: Hairbands
At the exhibition the first stall I encountered was selling hairbands. I couldn't stop myself and was bought two of them. One very classy and the other bright. This obsession, according to some of my friends marks my transition from a tomboy to a girl. I don't know about that, but I do plan on adding to my tiny collection.

Tell me about your recent obsessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! I am listening.